There are times when it seems that carpets have an almost magnetic attraction to all kinds of stains. While although stains can happen anytime and anywhere, at home or at the office, they can be especially troublesome in your place of business. They can leave visitors to your office with the impression that yours is an unprofessional workplace. If you are frustrated by how quickly your carpets become stained, take a deep breath, relax and read further. We have assembled a list of the most common carpet staining agents in the workplace.
- Spilled wine or juice: Office celebrations can be a perilous time for your carpet. You try to rely on your employees’ combined sense of responsibility but still accidents happen. Unfortunately, the coloring agents in wine and juice can be among the most difficult things to remove from your carpet. The key is to act quickly when a spill occurs. Use white vinegar to blot the stain out. Do not rub it into the fibers.
- Mud and/or dirt: These kinds of stains often occur in the high traffic areas of your business. Just as with wine or juice stains, the key to removing them is to act quickly. Use mild detergent to clean mud stains and a vacuum to remove dirt. Also, you may wish to have an area where employees can either wipe or leave muddy boots, etc., prior to entering your business.
- Coffee spills: Millions of people office workers love a good, strong cup of coffee to start off their day. Unfortunately, some of that coffee ends up in computer keyboards or on the carpet due to spills. To remove these kinds of stains you must act promptly. You should try blotting the area with soap or vinegar.
- Ink stains: Possibly the most stubborn kinds of stains on this list are ink stains. Ink quickly becomes embedded in the fibers of your carpet and can appear impossible to remove. Depending on the extent of the staining, you can try using isopropyl alcohol to remove the stain. For larger more serious damage, you may wish to call professionals like our janitorial services in Oxnard.
- Toner: It is actually very easy to spill toner as you are changing the cartridge in your company’s printer(s). If such a spill is ignored it can become very difficult to remove. If after using a vacuum and dish washing liquid the stain is still visible try calling our office cleaning services inland empire. We have unique, non-commercially available solutions that can restore your carpet in situations that you may not be able to.
There you have it. Those are the five most common carpet staining agents your carpet is likely to be exposed to. Remember that if any of these becomes too much of a problem, we can thoroughly clean your carpet on a regular basis and give you further advice on protecting it.