If you were to poll 100 people on what they believed was the dirtiest surface in any home or office nearly all would say the toilet. Well, nearly all would be wrong in this belief. There are many other surfaces, as we are about to reveal, that are just as if not more germ ridden than a toilet. Here are just a few of those items that you and your co-workers are exposed to every day.
- The break room or kitchen sponge: Believe this cringe-worthy fact or not but a kitchen sponge contains 10 million bacteria per square inch on average. This is why it is a good idea to frequently change the sponges in your break room.
- Your computer keyboard: According to one study, computer keyboards contain 20,000 times more bacteria than a toilet seat. Part of this is because people rarely think to clean them. Thus, they can accumulate every germ the user has been in contact with that day including feces, bodily fluids, etc.
- Office desks: Yes, your office desk itself is a haven for all kinds of illness causing germs. This should not be too hard to believe since it holds other items that carry many germs such as your phone and keyboard along with your mouse, drinking mug, printer, etc.
- Break room sink faucet handles: According to a study by Kimberly-Clark Professional, sink faucet handles can and do often hold animal, vegetable, bacteria, yeast and mold cells as well as other contaminants. Our company scrubs down these neglected areas of your office as a matter of routine.
- Carpets: Carpets are very good at hiding contaminants such as mold, mildew, germs and even human skin cells. For this reason they are by some estimates 4,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat. We do office cleaning in Riverside, CA that includes HEPA filters on our equipment. HEPA filters can screen out and eliminate particles that are invisible to the eye but that are harmful to human health.
- Door knobs: One thing that most germaphobes dread touching the most is a door knob. Door knob handling is a common way germs are spread from person to person.
What all this shows is that many of us make assumptions about the cleanliness of our homes and offices that are simply not true. These beliefs can put your health at risk. Our commercial window cleaning services in Riverside, CA can help by sanitizing the areas germs commonly hide. We clean many surfaces in your office including door handles, carpets, desks, etc.