With so many people in such a small space, dirt, dust and other debris can all conspire to make the air quality in your office as detrimental to your health and well being as the air quality outside your place of business. That’s the bad news. The good news is that it is generally much easier to control indoor air quality than it is to control the environment outside your office. In order to provide the best and safest environment possible for your clients, guests and workers, we recommend the following tips for improving the air quality in your office.
- Replace air filters frequently: Clogged air filters can halt air flow in your office. This clogging can be caused by dust and debris building up in the filters and ducts of your HVAC system. Therefore, air filters of this kind should be replaced every 6-12 months.
- Keep your office clean. Curtains, carpets, ceilings, walls, etc. can all hold in air pollutants which can eventually circulate around the office. To prevent this from happening, you should schedule regular professional office cleanings. A professional office cleaning in Riverside, CA will not only help to improve the air quality of your office, it will also be able to help you to keep your entire office clean.
- Have hard surfaced mopped on a regular basis: Floors can also hold dust and other allergens on them. This is why they need to be cleaned on a regular basis using microfiber mops, dust clothes and vacuums with special HEPA filters.
- Keep a healthy level of humidity in your building: Low humidity in your office will be able to reduce the presence of dust mites and mold both of which can cause your staff health problems. Ideally, humidity levels should be at around 30% to 50% in order to control allergens. Speaking of allergens, professional vacuum cleaning devices with HEPA filters can trap and eliminate health damaging micro-particles.
- Use office plants: Plants are like natural filters. This is because they absorb toxins from the air. Plus, they can add to the ambiance of your office improving morale as well. Just be careful to clean your plants often in order to keep them mold-free.
So you see, you can do something about indoor air quality. You can provide a healthy, environment for your clients, guests and workers. In fact, it is your duty as an employer to do so. Besides, think of how much work will be accomplished if your absentee rate due to communicable diseases is reduced by taking these simple measures. Our company can make all the surfaces in your office clean and by extension improve your air quality. We can do so with our day porter services in Riverside, CA as well as with the other services we offer our clients. Here’s to a clean, healthy environment and to being able to draw deep, healthy breaths of air.