Most owners probably don’t pay a lot of attention to the carpeting in their business until they have large, unsightly stains and or tears. Apart from that, many owners believe in the old falsehood that what can’t be seen can’t hurt us. Well, this is far from true. Even a carpet that looks clean on the outside can hide all kinds of unpleasant surprises. Here is our list of the 5 scariest things hiding in your carpet that an everyday vacuum cleaner may not be able to destroy.
- Germs: Research conducted by Philip Tierno, Jr., Ph.D., New York University Langone Medical Center has shown that surfaces like carpets can host hundreds of thousands of bacteria per square inch. This is true of even carpets that seem to be clean on the surface. Such germs include Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, CampylobacterNorovirus and others.
- Dust and Pollen: These micro-particles can hide so deeply within carpets that traditionally vacuuming can miss then. In fact, traditional vacuums with non-HEPA filters can even cause these particles to become airborne thus endangering worker health. Our janitorial cleaning services in Riverside, CA uses HEPA filters to penetrate carpets and rid them of these hazards.
- Mold: Carpets are made of fabric and are thus susceptible to mold. This is especially true if the humidity levels in your office are high. Moreover, like dust and pollen, these spores can become airborne and aggravate conditions in your workers and clients such as asthma and allergies.
- Chemicals: There are countless harmful chemicals that can become trapped in your carpet fibers. Some of these chemicals include formaldehyde, toluene, styrene, acetone and benzene (some of which are considered to cause cancer by the EPA). This is especially true if you retain janitorial services in Oxnard from a company this is not environmentally responsible.
- Rotting food: Microscopic food particles can attract a whole host of nasty organisms that once embedded in your carpet can be difficult to remove. Professional cleaners such as Exec Services can trap and rid your carpet of these food particles.
Finally, even though these dangers are known to be hiding in carpets, there is no need to worry. You can maintain the cleanliness of your office and protect worker and client health by having your carpets and the entire office cleaned on a regular basis. It is important to hire a company that uses HEPA filters and environmentally friendly cleaning agents as well.