When most of us think about air pollution and poor air quality we think about the air outside our homes and offices. However, the truth is that the air inside our homes and offices can be just as detrimental to our health. Yet, this does not have to be the case at all. The following tips will help you reduce air pollution in your office.
- Keep air vents open and unblocked: Blocked air vents lead to poor air circulation. Moreover, blocked and closed air vents and ducts can increase the amount of dust and other particles that are in the surrounding air. Therefore, keep air vents open and unblocked so that your office staff can breathe easily.
- Check and change air filters: Air filters should be checked and cleaned regularly in order to help maintain good air quality. They trap dirt, pollen and other contaminants that can endanger your health. In order to trap air-borne contaminants at their most minute size, consider installing HEPA filter air purifiers.
- Add office plants: Not only do plants add a peaceful atmosphere to any office but they also improve air quality by absorbing toxins and by producing more oxygen at the same time. Plants that are especially effective in purifying indoor air include Aloe Vera, English Ivy, Golden ponthos and peace lilies. As a result of their presence, visitors, workers and clients will be able to breathe easier and enjoy the beauty of growing things.
- Keep your office clean: It can be a real chore to maintain a clean work environment but it is essential. By regularly vacuuming, dusting, sanitizing and clearing away clutter, you will be able to keep fewer pollutants from mixing into the air in your office. Our janitorial services in the Inland Empire can make sure that your office is clean.
- Have your air quality tested: Experts can detect airborne contaminants at the smallest levels. Additionally, experts can measure humidity levels, ventilation, odors, leaks, standing water, water damage, mold growth and more.
Finally, by improving the air quality of your office you will be creating an atmosphere that is more productive. The most effective way to do so off all the above tips is to keep your workplace clean. We can do this with our porter services in Riverside, CA. Our professionals can make sure that your office is clean and sanitized.