Carpets are one of the most important and expensive investments a business owner can make when it comes to office furnishings. Despite this fact, many business owners are satisfied with only a superficial cleaning of their carpets. Most don’t know about what types of microorganisms that could be lurking right underneath their feet. In this post, we’ll give you the lowdown on what could be hiding in your carpets and that you, your staff and clients may be coming into contact with everyday. Be prepared.
- Campylobacter: This germ can cause a potentially deadly disease called campylobacteriosis which can affect people who have weakened immune diseases such as people with autoimmune diseases, small children and the elderly. Symptoms of this disease include bloody diarrhea, cramping and fever.
- Fungi and mold: We’ve all heard about the danger of mold in our homes. Well, mold can also thrive inside your office’s carpets. Moreover, mold can cause some skin infections, septic shock, and meningitis (among other things).
- Enterococci: This common bacteria lives inside your intestines but can sometimes cause infections to occur. For example, these bacteria can cause urinary tract infections and lead to diverticulitis and even meningitis. Here is the scariest part yet – some strains of these bacteria are resistant to antibiotics.
- Micrococcus: This nasty little bugger can also greatly affect people with a compromised immune system leading to septic shock and even meningitis.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureuss: Picture Superman as a bacterium. That is how drug-resistant this bacterium is. It can be and is easily spread from one person to another and can cause fever, rashes, etc.
- Other microorganism and particles: Pet dander, dust mites, dead skin cells, pollen spores are just a few of the other things lurking inside your carpet that an occasion going over with a traditional vacuum cleaner will not remove. Moreover, all of these micro-particles can cause sickness and allergic reactions to occur within your office.
In short, simple ordinary vacuuming is not enough. Doing so will remove surface dirt but could leave harmful microorganisms embedded in your carpets that could affect the health of your workers, clients and visitors. This is why you need our janitorial cleaning services in Riverside, CA. You can schedule us to clean your carpets on a regular basis. We do so thoroughly. We get to below-the-surface germs with our HEPA filter vacuuming. Contact our Inland Empire cleaning services today!